Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Remember

God's Boys will be good boys!

Your creator in the days of your youth. There is nothing else that I say that can give you any better direction than that. The more I live, the more those words seem to loom over my head. It seems like, as with a race, life has stops and starts and is that marathon. There seem to be imps whose job is to wreck your life. They stand at strategic points in life and cast weights upon your neck. I have found it to be so at the decade intervals of my life. The best that I can say to avoid them is to run as hard as you can in the earliest parts of your life and work as hard as you can for Jesus at the early days and remember that God will hold you in account for what you have done. It is difficult to find the comforts of life as you age. 30 was the first time that I really felt the weights of remaining sin keep me from running for Jesus, in liberty. At earlier times a thought or a mistake, you confess and forsake and you go to the next thing, it seemed. In older times, the lingering and the hanging out of a thought or the quickness to catch the least little spiritual infirmity was all the more rampant. It seemed that there were more boggs and more messy confessions at the later time. Like Samson, you are surprised at yourself and shake yourself as at the earlier times and there is a greater sense of loss at the loss of fellowship with God. Wear your spiritual galloshes. I would highly recommend William Gurnall and Henry Scudder at the latter teen days for the preparation for the long haul. Do not wait until you go through the hard trials to read it, like I did. It is hard and difficult medicine for the ailing soul and could seem to stamp out the smoking flax, if read in the low wick times. Read it in your youth, please.The Christian's Daily Walk

No comments: