Wednesday, July 4, 2012

God is in Control?

God's Boys will be good boys!




When we are discouraged, disappointed, "disaffected" with life and providence, that is when our faith shines in the distance.  Who made you?  The catechism asks us.  Our reasoning, after many years of pondering this says, Yes,  God made me.  I didn't make myself.  The things that are out of my control,  ie. My mind,  my heart, my situation, my discouragements, etc. are not outside of my God's control.  "He is just and the justifier of those who come to God, in Christ Jesus." 
I am not at home yet.  I am not in His Holy presence, where all things will be put right.
He gives us His Word, His Worship,  His People as a kind of Mother's kiss on our cuts and scrapes and pains.  He takes our brokenness,  our broken hearts and bodies in His Holy Hands and cleanse them, using the means of grace and He stoops to kiss.  With a reminder that the distance between us is bridged, by His Holy Church and His Truth, until we see Him face to face.



No comments: