Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Elements of the Multicultural Soul!

God's Boys will be good boys!
Praise God, to the utmost. My Soul exults in the Lord.

Mother, why do you praise in different accents? Who is that West Indian Woman that we see, every once in a while, in praise?

I am so glad you asked, dear young man. Are you mocking, people or praise, Mother? No, my son. I must hide parts of my soul, for decorum's sake. The first parts of my life, my father tried to crush any semblance of the West Indian woman who is a great part of my soul. He saw her and waged his greatest war against her. In marriage, I have stifled any semblance of her to learn, what I consider the more humble and quiest "Southern Culture" that I married into. But in praise and worship, she creeps out and loves the Lord with all of her soul and she is the abandon of praise that was David's part when the ark was brought back into the camp. I will become more undignified than this, for my Jesus.

Don't be like Eli, who misjudged Hannah's devotion to God for being a drunkard. He missed God's presence for the entirety of his life. 20+ years after this was a punishment for sinning without restraint, in the "supposed" presence of God. You will know His presence and you will know His absence. I pray that you will pursue His presence in fullness of joy and reality and not in "form or fashion". Live under the public rules of decorum, but be true in Christ's presence and Christ will be true in your life.

No comments: