Sunday, August 28, 2016

Fixing your mouth to say yes to mother!

God's Boys will be good boys! "Son, would you please take the garbage outside and rebag it?" "No." I am not used to that from you. You are usually respectful and dutiful, without encouragements to do so. No explanation, no maam or other southern softening of the no. Just a plain no. I really didn't say anything and I won't say anything, unless it happens again. Disrespect of women, by men is a grievous thing. Disrespect of elders is an upsetting thing for a mother to bear to the throne of grace. I know that God can and will take care of your soul and correct your behavior, now that you are a man. That is not really my job. God's corrections can be very, very strong. I am learning to respond to the initial reproofs, before God has to pick my feet up and put them on the right path. I pray the former for you and not the latter. None but Jesus can do helpless sinners good and I am glad that his heart is toward us in our deepest need. I am praying for you, son!

No comments: