Friday, January 26, 2018

I always learned never to say "What" to your mother!

God's Boys will be good boys!
I didn't impress those kinds of serious verbal corrections on my own children. But, I would hope that you would impress your children that it is most important to know the different tones of voice and the different words that are "no-no's" to authority and elders. What, has become the kind of question that I limit in my communication to anyone, but on occasion, it is necessary to let someone know that you are not my mother, in my own mind and to the person. So they call me and I say "what!" Just like that. Ordinarily, if someone calls me, I say, Yes?, or Huh?, or excuse me?, or their name.
Other languages have expressions and submissive speech baked into their language. In our English, we have to instruct the Vocative from the Dative cases and the Ablative from the Genitive. So take authority and do not allow your children to condescend to the language deterioration that allows a child to think themselves a peer of their parents and grandparents. If I am alive, I will help you.

No comments: