Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Oh Lord, You have been Good!

God's Boys will be good boys!

There was a day that I went to the hospital and came out saying "good grief". It was excruciating. This wasn't that day.

This was a day of going to the hospital and finding, "Good God". As we drove through torrents and sheets of rain that were like a curtain, I was sensible of the similarity to the sheets that we drove through to see Joni. I prayed in my soul that this wasn't taking me into another "good grief" learning session. I said, I can't see the door, Lord. I thought you were going to give us a day or so to process that this is a new season in our lives. I can't see the door into the new season, Lord?

The rains were enveloping and all I could see was the light of the emergency lights of the vehicle in front of us. All I could hear was my heart rejoicing that the heart was still beating. "He's alright? what does that mean?" I went back in my mind to my Grandma telling me the story of my father's hospital session. He was cut up so bad and the shreds of his arm were just held by the sutures. I was crying, when she told me and I couldn't imagine her maternal grief. I saw my mother and I saw my grandma and I saw myself growing into the mother of a man. My son is a man of faith, I told God.

When I saw him, verses of scripture flooded my mind to give to him. I couldn't get the story of this deliverance. God was merciful to us. God had given us another day! His mercies are truly new, like the dew.

No comments: