Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saved, as brands from the burning.

God's Boys will be good boys!


When we get a sizeable burn, like yours, this morning, it reminds me that, by grace we have been saved through faith. It is a gift from God, not of works. The devil attempts to grab us through our minds and our eyes and burns our consciences with sights and sounds that threaten to sear us, through our consciences. We must resist him and we must take these lessons of serious burns to know that God is greater and can cleanse us from the most serious blot on our souls. We must resist the devil and cling to Christ in all of His power to save us from the flames and the torment of Hell. It is truly of the Lord's mercy that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
I said that over your cradle everyday to myself to remember that life and death are in the control of the Lord in heaven. I couldn't sleep, afraid that the angel of death would come to carry my second son with him as he had my first. My only comfort was that verse. I deserve far worse, because of my sins, but God is rich in mercy and has not yet consumed me, in my grief, though often I feel at the precipice.
Don't let the arm of your soul spend too much time near the heat of the wrong things on the internet, soul burns are far worse than skin burns.

No comments: