Thursday, January 28, 2010

Like an orange to my hungry mouth!

God's Boys will be good boys!


We were in the middle of a very important game that would be the difference between, playoffs or no. I had forgotten to take lunch again and never had any money. I couldn't faint that day. No way. I would play. Maybe Dad would bring a sandwich or something when he came to watch us. That was a hope. He didn't.
I remember the sight, as though from heaven. The athletic director was walking from the office with a huge plate of oranges. I would not die! I would not faint. I think I even may have won that match, just on the extra potassium, that day. It was the most refreshing thing that I can imagine. To be just that hungry and just that parched and the feeling of those oranges on my hungry mouth, was a delight that I will never forget.

No comments: