Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Am I My Brother's Keeper?


Read the Passage in Scripture of Cain and Abel in Genesis. Where do we get that question, am I my brother's keeper? In what way am I my brother's keeper and in what way am I not my brother's keeper?


I am made in the image of God. I am made to learn about the God who made me and imitate Him. I am made to do good and shun evil. Not just to react to the circumstances around me. I am made to see God in my human relationships and to see God above my human relationships. The difference between aggression and righteous indignation is who are we fighting for. Fighting for anything but God's principles and purposes is the wrath of man. King David could see his parents and his king as under God, to be honored, but only God to be defended and life to be defended and preserved. 2 questions to ask yourself before you fight, am I defending my life or the life of some one that I love? Am I defending the real and disputed honor of God? otherwise leave it alone.

No comments: