Monday, December 1, 2008

Something is lurking,




God's Boys will be good boys!

God said to Cain, If you do good, you will be accepted but if you don't change your attitude, sin wants to overtake you...Sin wants to pounce you, like a tiger or a lion. (Paraphrased by Jayne) It amazes me that God sees and warns us of things like that. Our attitudes about our brothers. The Proverbs say that there are 6, even 7 things that the Lord hates and things that He CANNOT STAND! The last of the things is "he that sows discord among his brethren." It was so wicked that Cain slew his brother. It was the fruit of the angry passions and jealousy that he was harboring and God told him about it to his face.
I have so often been jealous of my siblings, for one or another reason and it is just wickedness which makes me angry that they have a toy or something that I have not. I had horrible dreams of stealing Muffy, when she was born and I had no children. Brotherly love can also birth brotherly jealousy that is vicious. We need to use the Word of God to fight against all of these alienations against one another.
Thank God for mercy and grace in Christ, which can cleanse us from the deepest sins and stains and make us fit for His service, in spite of our angry passions and bad attitudes.

No comments: